Thursday, September 3, 2015

Back to School!!!

I have started this so many times!  I have lost count of how many times I've fallen asleep trying to write.  Is anyone else as tired as I am the first week or two of school?  Please tell me you are!  We have so much going on in our family this past month.  The week before school started we moved our middle daughter to college.  (Her first year and she is loving every minute of it!)  The weekend I started back we helped our oldest move back into the dorms.  Our youngest has been busy with football and school starting.    

We are almost finished with our third week of school.   I am so in love with my class as of this moment.  They are fantastic.  We are off to the best start of fourth grade since I started teaching fourth grade. 

Here are a few things we did the first week of school went.  We started off our week by getting to know each other.  We did the Get to Know You task cards.  They loved this.  They said this was one of their favorite things of the day because they were able to learn 12 things about their friends.  Check it out at my store here.






A favorite activity I have done for a few years is Numbers About Me.  The numbers are written big and then they write what it is. 





We played Boggle a few times.  I found these little wonders at Oriental Trading.  I bought them 3 years ago.  They have held up fairly well over the years. 


We read "The Principal From the Black Lagoon."  We talked about what they thought the principal does all day long.  They came up with questions to ask the principal.  We have a brand new principal this year.  He came in and let the students interview him.  He told them that a few of the questions were ones he had actually been asked during his "real" interview.  They carefully took notes.  After we finished that they worked together to make a venn diagram comparing our principal with the principal from the Black Lagoon.





What a great way to start our new year off.  I can't wait to see how this year turns out!  Hope your year is off to a great start!
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment