Thursday, July 30, 2015

Back to School Activity

It's that time of year where my thoughts turn back to school.  I am thinking about what we will be doing the first few days of school.  I did this activity last year and I believe I will be doing it again.  It is a getting to know you activity.  The students have a chance to write something about themselves and then they get to get up, walk around, and share with others.  This is so important for those students who are new.  Let's face it, we all like to talk about ourselves!  Here's what we did last year.

We started off by doing some Back to School task cards.  Each card had a question and they answered on a piece of paper.  After doing this we did hands up, pair up, share using their answers.  I had them tell the answers to two of the questions, we thanked our partners and moved on.  I did this until they had gone through all the questions.  I kept their answers to read later.  Boy were they interesting!  I love activities like this because you get to know your kiddos better.


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Get-to-Know-You-Task-Cards-1348788
Click on the picture above to see it!

Are you getting ready to go back or are you one whose summer is just getting into full gear?  Have a great day!
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment